UPDATE: Browse images from this event on our gallery page.
The wildfires that besieged multiple communities in Northern California in early October collectively burned over 210,000 acres of land within a week. Over this period, the fires killed at least 42 people, destroyed an estimated 8,400 structures and forced 90,000 people to evacuate from their homes, making it the worst fire disaster in California history. Two weeks later, as the fires approach full containment, the long road to recovery and rebuilding begins.
To do our part, Tapestry Suppers invites you to join us for a potluck fund-raiser on Sunday, Nov 12 in Mountain View benefiting UndocuFund for Fire Relief in Sonoma County. This is a disaster relief fund spearheaded by a coalition of local immigration non-profits to directly assist undocumented victims of the Northern California fires. One hundred percent of funds will go to victim support. This video by Splinter News provides a good summary of the fund’s goals.
An estimated 28,000 undocumented immigrants live and work in Sonoma County. Unlike other victims of the fires, undocumented immigrants do not qualify for assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), making them one of the most vulnerable populations in need of help for recovery from this disaster. We hope you’ll join us by buying a ticket or bringing a dish to share as we come together to help a local community in need. Bring a friend or two!
Dietary indicators: V = Vegetarian, VV = Vegan, GF = Gluten-free, LF = Lactose-Free
Vegetable Crudite platter with Red Lentil Dip (VV, GF, LF)
Lumpias/ Filipino fried beef eggrolls (LF)
Italian Cheese and Cold Cuts platter
Greek Gigante Beans (VV, GF, LF)
Harira/ Moroccan Lentil Stew (VV, GF, LF)
Baked Pasta (V)
Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives and Rosemary (GF, LF)
Lamb Meatballs with Feta and Lemon (GF)
Sides (all VV, GF and LF except Lentil Salad)
Lentil Salad (V)
Carrot, Apple and Turnip Salad
Burmese Rainbow Salad
Beverages and Desserts
Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Martinelli’s Apple Cider
San Pellegrino Sparkling Water
In addition to a delicious menu, we will be holding a raffle at the event to help raise more funds for immigrants in need. Here’s what you’ll stand to win:
- GRAND PRIZE: Table for 2 at The French Laundry (for a value of $650).
- Two weeks of meal deliveries from Sun Basket‘s Classic Menu plan. 3 meals a week for 2 people.
- A Fall Harvest Box and/or a Dried Floral Wreath from Fifth Crow Farm.
- $175 Gift Certificate for any classes or workshops at San Francisco Cooking School.
- A 10-class pass valid for any yoga class of your choice at Yoga Is Youthfulness in downtown Mountain View.
- Two tickets to TheatreWorks Silicon Valley‘s production of Finks, slated to run from June 6 to July 1, 2018. Two sets available (4 tickets in total).